Saturday 23 August 2014

Good to be home - My dream bedroom




Good to be Home want bloggers to write about their dream bedroom - this is something I have often dreamed about so decided to give it a go! I adore the mediveval and Gothic styles but I also adore music so I wanted to create a mix of the two to reflect my dream room and a little sanctuary for myself.


It might not attract the attention of any interior magazines or programmes, but for me, it's perfect!










 The focal point of any bedroom is, of course, the bed. Here is my dream bed! Black, gothic, and very rock chic!




I would have this wallpaper for a feature wall  behind the bed. I love the way the purple rose stands out.



 Gloss paint for the doorframe, skirting boards and windowsill.


 The other three walls  My bedroom walls are actually a very similar colour to this! It's surprisingly restful and calming.


Floorboards I'm not a fan of carpet, so stained floorboards would feature in my dream room.



Curtains - I actually have black curtains but mine are embossed with a rose pattern. I love them but sometimes think a plain pair might be less distracting.


Got to change that curtain rail though - I love these finials!




Furniture - although not particularly medieval or gothic, I love black wood, being a kind of a goth girl and this set is perfect! Plenty of storage and a few flat surfaces for bits and pieces.




Got to have somewhere to hang my dressing gown!






A little luxury at the end of the bed - a deep purple shaggy rug to please the toes and add a little warmth and respite from the stained floorboards.


A little ambience and something to read by!

I think this would look stunning on the wall opposite the bedhead and pick up nicely on the wallpaper behind the bed and the other black/purple rose theme running throughout my gothic haven.

Every bedroom has to have a mirror and this one from John Lewis has a nice antique finish that is in character with the rest of my dream room!

I think an empty vase always looks inviting - a promise of things to come and this simply lined one from John Lewis is nicely understated.






I love a delicate fragrance in the bedroom - I'm not keen on candles because of the likelihood I will fall asleep and forget them - pot pourri attracts dust and gets everywhere so this champagne diffuser in its elegant bottle is just the job to add an unusual scent to the air.


I frequently have three or four books on the go at any one time so that I can suit my mood, and I have twice as many again waiting to be read. Rather than pile them up on the bedside cabinet, I would store them in this gorgeous trunk from John Lewis's Curiosity Shop collection




I would scatter a few of these on top of the chest to make it slightly more eyecatching. I actually have one of these in a black bud vase on my current tallboy and think it's stunning.


By the bed......

Practical and somewhat in keeping with my theme.



Of course, my bedroom has to have a dog bed - and this one is gorgeous as well as matching my colour theme.




I'm not a fan of clogging up the windowsill with ornaments, but for this I would make an exception!


 Every bedroom has to have a jewellery box.....


 A photo frame - this one features my favourite band but not overtly so. It wouldn't be my room if it didn't have something of Metallica in it......





The finishing touch - a Metallica lightswitch plate. Let's hope it doesn't give me nightmares.......


 Bed from Chic-Chic (1399.99)
Wallpaper from Photowall  (£26 metre)
 Gloss paint is Dulux Purple Passion from Mighty Houseares (8.57 for 250ml)
Emulsion - Purple Haze from Wickes (15.99)
Woodstain from Wickes (13.99)
Curtains from Asda (£22.00)
Finials  -  Curtain Poles Emporium (£29.75)
Furniture from Galaxy Stores (£1,129.00)
Skull hook - EMP online (£7.99)
 Rug from the Rug Retailer (prices starting from £85.01)
Lamp fitting from the Electrical Counter (£247.99) 
Purple rose picture from Argos (£40)
Mirror - John Lewis (£250)
Vase John Lewis (£10)
Champagne diffuser - John Lewis (£80)
Vintage Brass Trunk - John Lewis (£55)
 Black Roses - Kinky Angel (1.99 each)
Waterford diamond goblet glasses - John Lewis (£90)
Alarm clock - John Lewis (£25)
Dog bed - Jeeves and Woofter (£630)
Gothic skull - Absolute Angels (£10.99)
Alchemy jewellery box - Kate's Clothing (£12.99)
Photo frame from Metallica.com  ($4.25)
Lightswitch plate from Metallica.com ($6.25)



align=”center”>Good to be Home Dream Room Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!